Link to another page: Sippy (Geo Metro Convertible)
My longest project has been my workshop. For 20 years I had been planning to build a nice workshop and in 2003 we purchased a house with a spare lot beside it so I would have room for the shop. A year ago, in the summer of 2012, we finally built one (link to shop build). I had wanted to put a sink in the workshop and use a shallow well to provide the water source. I built the well in 2009 in preperation for this but never really finished it. My wife had been using it as a way to water the grass but it was nothing but a hose hooked to the discharge pipe on the pump. Power was provided by a 50 foot electrical cord that she would unwind and stretch across the yard to the house when she needed it. In the summer of 2013 it was finally time to get started on the 3rd phase of the project:



A picture from 2009. Drilling the well with water pressure:



Down around 15' or so:



A friend gave me an old bathroom sink cabinet about 8 years ago. About 6 months ago my father gave me a bar sink without a faucet. I installed it in the cabinet and kept it around in preparation for the build. It sat in the workshop in this position for a year waiting for water to be ran to it:



Cleaning up everything and getting ready to pull the OSB:



The OSB is removed to work on the electrical system and water/sewer lines:



This is where I will punch through the Hardee Plank for the lines:



A breaker was added to my panel and an underground cable was ran to the well pump:



I cut an access hole in the OSB after the electric work was completed:



I wasn't sure how I would do the sewer line from the sink but I figured a small sump would work (for now - phase 4 will change everything in a year or so) for the little bit of water that was going to be coming from the sink. I drilled some holes in an old five gallon bucket:



Holes were drilled in a 2" PVC pipe:



When I built the shop I made sure to put some 2" PVC elbows in the concrete slab just for this purpose. I used one of my elbows for the sewer line and hooked my drain line to it:



I then filled the bucket full of rocks:



Putting the top on the bucket and covering up the crack between the pipe and the hole in the lid with landscape fabric. Hopefully the rocks and fabric will keep the dirt out of the bucket. If it doesn't I should be able to dig all that back up and make changes to it:



Once the outside sewer line was done it was time to work on the inside line:



A miscalculation on my part caused me to have to use five adapters to get from a 1 1/4" sink line to the 2" pipe in the slab. Who would have known this was going to be such a big task:



Once the sewer was connected to a p-trap under the sink it was time to start working on the pump side. I ran the electrical wire in a trench to the back yard and hard wired it to the pump. I also changed the piping on the pump from just a water hose on the discharge to a small manifold. The right side goes underground to the workshop and the left side pokes through the fence to a four way hose adapter:



Yes, not very nice looking but it is functional. I may revisit this at some future time. Just note that this was a water hose stuck through a broken dog ear fence board for the past four years:



The piping under the sink is completed. Yes, that pipe is supposed to be crooked. I angled it to the stud so I could attach it to something for bracing:



The blue tray is to catch the p-trap leaks (I need to do a little work on that piping) and the bucket is to catch the water the dribbles out the open hot water side of the faucet. Until this point I had no idea this happens on all faucets:



Just two weeks later my wife bought some new cabinets for "her" garage and gave me the other cabinets we had in the garage at the time. I had purchased a used double sink of Craigslist for $10 a while back and now I had a chance to use it. I removed the small single sink from the workshop and started working on the new, larger setup:



Note - You are probably seeing missing links to some pictures above. I still use Notepad to create the html code and have a template with plenty of extra references to pictures to save on typing. As I continue the page I will add pictures and descriptions and these missing links will disappear.